Alien converter program that able to convert file rpm, dpkg, stampede slp, and slackware tgz to .deb package installer file format.
- Install using Terminal command:
sudo apt-get install alien
How to UseBy using Alien package file converter,you need to convert .rpm file to .deb file
- Go to the folder/directory which .rpm file located using Terminal;
- Convert .rpm extension to .deb extension as root;
sudo alien -k -d filename.rpm*foldername2, foldername1, filename is the file and folder location of your .rpm file
tips: use ' alien --help ' command to see option & other parameters for converting other type of extension to .deb extension.
Run .deb package
- Just double click file *.deb to install the .deb fil, or
- use this command in Terminal if your prefer typing:
$sudo dpkg -i namafile.debI've tested this method to install avg antivirus .rpm for testing purpose.