Install Wine 1.1.17
- Download and install .deb wine 1.1.17 (Ubuntu/Debian Package here) find installer that suite your system. Best way to do this is with a clean Wine install by using this command at terminal
rm -r ~/.wine winecfg
- This will remove all of your Wine applications and libraries and set up a new environment.
- Download winetricks, a helper script for installing Wine software and install the required software. Just follow the instructions given.
chmod +x winetricks
./winetricks msxml6 gdiplus gecko vcrun2005 ie6
Install Microsoft TTF fonts
- Also install some Microsoft TTF fonts, command;
sudo aptitude install msttcorefonts
Add the atmlib.dll into Wine
- Go to Place > Home Folder
- then press CTRL + H to view the hidden folder of wine , which is .wine
- then go to .wine > drive_c > windows > system32
- and paste the atmlib.dll in the folder.
- Run winecfg from Application > Wine > Configure wine
- go to the Libraries tab & add atmlib.dll by typing to the .dll list.
- Make sure it is registered as native (edit the entry if it isn’t).
- Finish & Click OK.
Install Photoshop CS4 :Using copy of Photoshop CS4 Extended, run the installer using wine, from Terminal;
LANG=C wine Setup.exeAt this point, just follow the installer wizard as installing CS4 on Windows.
example: user@ubuntu:~$ /home/user/CS4Installer/LANG=C wine Setup.exe
When the installation process is done, you should be able to run Photoshop CS4 from the Wine application menu, or by running this on Terminal:
env WINEPREFIX="~/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4"