How to create webpage launcher on Ubuntu desktop
Here are 3 ways to create desktop shortcut for webpage URL :
- DeskCut ( Firefox Add-on )
Simply create launcher for wabpage URL. Set web-browser of your choice for the launcher to open the URL.
- Right click on your desktop
- Click Create Launcher...
- Enter name for the launcher
If you want Firefox to open the URL, fill in the the Command box with:( see image )
Prism is an application that lets users split web applications out of their browser and run them directly on their desktop.
Prism can be installed using Ubuntu Software Center or Terminal command:
sudo apt-get install prismHow to use:
- Run Prism from Applications > Internet > Prism
- enter URL and Name for the website
- Tick on Create Shortcuts > Desktop
The shortcut icon will use favicon of website or any image that you select as icon once you double click the shortcut & Click Mark as Trusted
DeskCut ( Firefox Add-on )
Download from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/66
- In Firefox, right click on website that you want to create desktop shortcut
- click on Create DeskCut
Unlike Prism, you'll need to manually select an image for the shortcut's icon
Right click > Properties to do so.